The Update: To Print Now or Later?
#1
Those who've seen the latest kickstarter update will have heard; the blogs also tells you to check it out.

Basically out of kindness and guilt, the developers are considering alternatives to give us content sooner, rather than later. It is implied we'll still get everything, but it does alter things.

We were given 2 options; neither of which are perfect.

Here is a place to discuss them and make your feelings known.
Jiva going the wrong way to Moksha
Reply
#2
My vote's option A. Heck, I would have been fine with a C, where we got nothing now and didn't have to worry about leaks and just let them finish it up.

B is definitely an option I'm against- I'd be more bothered by cut content than the delays even at this point.
Reply
#3
(03-16-2016, 05:32 PM)Elendra Wrote: My vote's option A. Heck, I would have been fine with a C, where we got nothing now and didn't have to worry about leaks and just let them finish it up.

B is definitely an option I'm against- I'd be more bothered by cut content than the delays even at this point.

Funnily enough, that is exactly how I feel. I said as much in the comment section of the kickstarter update.
Jiva going the wrong way to Moksha
Reply
#4
I voted for option A, because it strikes the best balance for me. Giving investers a "Beta playtest" PDF is getting more common these days, and it gives us a chance to test-drive the rules, make characters, and see what we like about the system. There are whisperings on some boards that the whole thing is vapourware, so that would stop that rumour from growing. It turns everyone who gets a copy into a play-tester, which gives us input, which might prove useful, either now, or for later supplements. Who knows? Maybe one of us will have a suggestion that might help J & A to overcome the roadblocks that are holding up the last of the rules. It seems like a win-win for everyone.
The biggest problem I have with B, is that I paid in to the kickstarter expecting to get a complete rulebook for the game, shipped to my door. If I don't get a complete rulebook [i.e. if they leave the God-level stuff out], then would I have to pay more to get those rules later, in another book? Would I have to pay again for shipping? Almost certainly, yes. And that doesn't seem fair, either to the customers [who have to pay more] or to J & A [if they absorbed the cost of shipping two books, some internationally].
It looks like we're going to be getting some rules in our hands, sooner rather than later. And that makes me happy.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)