So...
The thing is, we can all speculate until the Nemean cows come home about the reasons for the delay. What's causing 99.999% of the anger and frustration is that the folks with the inside scoop on why there are no posts, updates, work on the site, etc., are John and Anne, and they apparently can't be bothered to respond to us. Is it legal? Inspirational? A problem with the rules? An illness or other personal tragedy?  Did the hard drive with all the info get eaten by Linnorms? We don't know, and they won't say. And until they do see fit to give the backers and fans some concrete information [if they ever do], there really isn't any point in getting worked up over it. There's really nothing we can do at this point. Either we'll get the stuff we paid for, or we won't, and we'll be somewhat poorer and a little bit wiser for the experience.
I am very keenly interested to hear an update, at the very least. I can wait however long, but I just need to know the project isn't defunct.
So you're basically saying "stop speculating" because you think that your theory of why john and anne aren't communicating is more valid then "my" speculation? I just sent a private message to john and anne asking the exact same thing you asked and I've got NO response whatsoever. Not even a "sorry, but we can't answer questions right now" message. Unless they literally vanished off the face of the earth they should at least be able to answer where these multiple "anonymous" and "disappointed backer" posts are coming from. If they can't even answer that simple of a question then something else is wrong besides just communication.
No, I just don't think that any speculation serves any purpose right now, since none of us has the slightest clue what is going on with either HJ, or the authors. And speculating about leaks from playtesters, without providing evidence to support what you are saying, just serves to stir up suspicion and anger with absolutely no basis in fact. It doesn't help, or make anyone feel better about the way things have gone, or answer any questions. If you have something to share, please share it. Otherwise, we're all in the same dark boat, with no real idea what's going on.
(01-12-2017, 04:29 AM)Purple Snit Wrote: No, I just don't think that any speculation serves any purpose right now, since none of us has the slightest clue what is going on with either HJ, or the authors. And speculating about leaks from playtesters, without providing evidence to support what you are saying, just serves to stir up suspicion and anger with absolutely no basis in fact. It doesn't help, or make anyone feel better about the way things have gone, or answer any questions. If you have something to share, please share it. Otherwise, we're all in the same dark boat, with no real idea what's going on.

Agreed. All we can really do is wait for something official to clue us in.
So many projects, so little time.
So now, the twitter feed has deteriorated to political posts and an anti-abortion writer's commentary. Between that and the spam that never gets removed, five months without any updates, and no information from the main people responsible for the game, I think it's pretty obvious that this whole place is gathering dust, and the project is dead. They should just close it all up and move on, because there is no reason to interpret this as anything hopeful or positive.
So, not for nothing, but I just sent a message via Kickstarter to Anne to update my address... and I got a response. I'm just glad to know they haven't just disappeared. I did ask if we could expect an update soon and hope to hear back.
(01-31-2017, 05:28 PM)Rob Wrote: So, not for nothing, but I just sent a message via Kickstarter to Anne to update my address... and I got a response. I'm just glad to know they haven't just disappeared. I did ask if we could expect an update soon and hope to hear back.
Yeah I did the same thing last week and got a response today too. Whether that response is worth anything remains to be seen, but hopefully we'll get an update soon.
Well, I'd say that might mean that it isn't dead and gone, if nothing else. Keep us posted, please.
Just in case anyone here hasn't heard, we've got updates.
So many projects, so little time.